Week 5 Discussion Chapter: Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Identity
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9, 10
- Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source (in addition to textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
The lesson and textbook readings for this week emphasize that race, ethnicity, and gender are all social constructs.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1:Compare and contrast what is meant by the social construction of race with what is meant by the social construction of ethnicity and what is meant by the social construction of gender. How or why is it beneficial to view these as social constructs?
- Option 2: For you personally, are your racial, ethnic, and/or gender identities more matters of how you view yourself or of how others view you? In what ways is how you view yourself influenced by the larger society and culture?
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
- Include citations from at least the assigned textbook/lesson reading and one additional outside scholarly source to support your response.
Besides two outside references and this book reference also:
Kendall, D. E. (2018). Sociology in our times: The essentials. Boston MA: Cengage Learning
The chapter does cover on page: p. 248