Question 1.1. (TCO 6) BagODonuts Company bought a used delivery truck on January 1, 2010, for $19,200. The van was expected to remain in service 4 years (30,000 miles). BagODonutsâ€™ accountant estimated that the truckâ€™s residual value would be $2,400 at the end of its useful life. The truck traveled 8,000 miles the first year, 8,500 miles the second year, 5,500 miles the third year, and 8,000 miles in the fourth year.
1. Calculate depreciation expense for the truck for each year (2010-2013) using the:
a. Straight-line method.
b. Double-declining balance method.
c. Units of Production method.
(For units-of-production and double-declining balance, round to the nearest two decimals after each step of the calculation.)
2. Which method best tracks the wear and tear on the van?
3. Which method would BagODonuts prefer to use for income tax purposes? Explain in detail why BagODonuts prefers this method. (Points : 25)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. (TCO 7) ABC Inc. was incorporated on 1/15/12. Their corporate charter authorized the following capital stock:
Preferred Stock: 7%, par value $100 per share, 100,000 shares.
Common Stock: $1 par value, 500,000 shares.
The following transactions occurred during the year:
1/19/12 â€“ Issued 100,000 shares of common stock for $17 cash per share.
1/31/12 â€“ Issued 3,000 shares of preferred stock for $115 cash per share.
11/1/12 â€“ Repurchased 30,000 shares of common stock for $22 cash per share.
12/1/12 â€“ Declared and paid a total dividend of $95,000.
1. Prepare the journal entry for each transaction listed above.
2. In your own words, explain the main differences between common and preferred stock.
(Points : 25)
3. (TCO 5) Internal Control Procedures are in place to protect the assets of every business as mentioned in the textbook and our discussions. Of the seven internal control procedures, list five of these controls and describe how each procedure is implemented. (5 points each with 2 points for listing and 3 points for a description) (Points : 25)