For this Assignment, visit the SAMHSA-HRSA site below. Choose one of the many assessment tools from the site.
Source: Screen Tools: SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions. Retrieved from http://www.integration.samhsa.gov/clinical-practice/screening-tools
Once you have selected an assessment tool, complete the following activity.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Professionals in many types of clinical settings use the SBIRT to assess clientsâ€™ risk for alcoholism. Using one of the SBIRT variations from the site, create a hypothetical client. Write the questions (of your chosen SBIRT form) and add the clientâ€™s responses. Next, write a 1200-word analysis explaining the clientâ€™s risk for addiction. Assess the clientâ€™s risky behaviors and propose at least two community referrals (from your local area) that would be used to help the client learn about alcoholism (e.g., prevention services) or to get treatment. The second referral should be for mental health treatment or prevention (e.g., anger management).
Follow this format for preparing your essay.
- Short summary of client (e.g., demographic information) including the presenting problem and potential case management issues.
- Copy of one of the SBIRT forms with clientâ€™s responses
- 1200-word analysis of the responses from the assessment
- Four referrals from your local community that match the information in the assessment with one assessment for addictions/prevention and a mental health (or something related- anger management). Make the referrals appropriate to each of the clientâ€™s needs (e.g., financial assistance, child care, transportation, and addictions treatment).
Submitting your Assignment
Put your project in a Word document. Save it in a location and with your full name along with the class number. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 5: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.
This is a CLA project:
PS450-4: Create multidisciplinary referrals for assessment.