English Comp (College)
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 2.2: The Public Needs to Know â€“ Revised Version
Due Week 6 and worth 250 points
Revise your paper on your selected scenario.
- Your boss has asked you (a communication specialist) to write an informative paper about the free clinic that will be opening in your local neighborhood for those without medical insurance. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the public.
- The state school board chairperson has asked you (a consultant on health and wellness) to write an informative paper about the recent changes to the national breakfast and lunch program to improve nutrition and health. Describe the process and benefits of the program for parents.
- The director of a local domestic violence shelter has asked you (a board member and volunteer for the organization) to write an informative paper about your local organizationâ€™s program. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the community members.
Based on the feedback from your instructor, revise your three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the process (decisions, steps) involved in the program.
- Explain the benefits of the program.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
Click here to view the grading rubric.