The inmate who enters into a prison environment will undergo the process of prisonization, which is the process of socializing new inmates into the prison subculture. The dilemma with regard to prisonization is that the effect becomes more intense the longer the period of incarceration is. Though the impact of prisonization has been studied by numerous criminologists and penologists, many corrections officials appear to use the results of these studies to control inmates rather than improve therapeutic programs.
Using the course materials, textbook, library, and Web resources, list and discuss 4 ways that prison administrations can positively impact prisonization.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Using the course materials, textbook, library, and Web resources, research prisonization and the effects it has on prisoners depending on the length of incarceration.
- In 4â€“6 paragraphs, address the following:
- List and explain 4 methods that you believe can be used to positively impact prisoners and reduce the effects of prisonization.
- You must use research to support your arguments.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.