Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
You are preparing to write an article for a professional magazine regarding the value of diversity in teams. Diversity can include any of the following:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Parental status
- Geographic location of residence
- Financial status
- Artistic endeavors
Research the subject using the library and Internet, and prepare an outline or a draft of the article you are to write.
You are the manager of a team that collaborates on various projects. These projects need to be addressed by the entire group to provide resolutions that are in the company’s best interest because it will affect all parties and departments. Today in the management meeting, a discussion evolved around the human resource (HR) policies. There is one particularly good worker, but she is not always reliable. Sometimes she goes above and beyond, and other times she comes to work late. The latter behavior is seen by other employees who then think they can get away with similar behavior, but they are put on progressive disciplinary action by their manager.
Consider the following:
- Assume your role in management, and discuss the scenario with your fellow managers.
- Spend some time discussing your position and feelings, including opinions, hurt feelings, problems caused in your group, etc.
- Discuss the model that Bruce Tuckman designed decades ago that is still considered a major work and is used today.
- Use the Library to review the Tuckman model and decide what phase you are in and the reasons for your conclusion.
Â· 3â€“6 paragraphs
You are making a presentation to the supervisors in the company on the Tuckman forming, storming, norming, and performing model.
Include the following:
- Put together a PowerPoint presentation that will explain the model and the highlights of each phase.
- Insert any examples you can. Include the fact that the stages can be repeated.
- Be sure to use the notes feature of PowerPoint to include your presentation script.
- For more information on creating PowerPoint Presentations, please visit the PowerPoint Lab.
6â€“8 slides with in-depth speaker notes
There are many different types of teams found in the workplace. However, no matter what label is assigned to the team, there are still fundamentals that make the team successful. The highest performing team is committed to a common goal and purpose as well as each individual’s success and personal growth.
With that in mind, consider the following question that you get from a protÃ©gÃ© you are mentoring:
- We have various work groups on the plant floor. Some seem to work better together than others.
- Why is that?
- Use the library and Internet to research this topic so you can answer the question.
Â· 3â€“6 paragraphs
Imagine that you are the team leader for a project at work. Your team has been assigned with opening a new market in Canada. A few items have been shipped already, but the delivery time is too long because of what appears to be paperwork problems with customs. You have already received complaints from your representatives. This problem needs to be resolved quickly, or the company will be placed in a difficult position and may lose the opportunity to be successful in opening this market.
With this situation in mind, address the following:
- Write a memo to attach to the agenda for a team meeting.
- State the issues you know of.
- Request that the team members come with ideas so this problem can be resolved at the meeting and implemented immediately.
Â· 3â€“4 paragraphs
Discuss how you would know that your team was in conflict and what would be a technique you would use to resolve it. You may wish to research any conflict resolution models available in many credible academic journals and other reliable sources.
While you are conducting this research, also consider that no one model is without flaws or inconsistencies. You should always review differing opinions before coming to a conclusion about the most appropriate course of action.
You have just been part of a merger. You have each been chosen to head up your department and merge the two groups into a self-directed work team. Work with each other to lay out a plan describing how you will develop a new team within your department or departments. It is natural that there will be some confrontations between people. Look at the stages of team development and use that knowledge to work with the team. It is recognized that some employees will refuse to be part of the team. In fact, the new ownership expects that there will be some who lose their jobs because of these issues; however, that is a last resort. Use all your skills to negotiate with employees in an attempt to resolve conflicts and pull your team together.
Because you are working together as a team, it is seen by the ownership that if one is successful, you are all successful. Likewise, if one fails, you all fail. The future success of the company is dependent on your mutual success.
Consider the following:
- As a team, you must come up with a plan and be in agreement because you have to implement it in your departments.
- For each step you take, provide a brief explanation of your reasoning.
- Use the library and the Internet to research these issues.
You are making a case in a manager’s meeting to facilitate the company’s transition to using self-directed, high-performing teams. You must convince the other managers that while this is a long-term initiative, its benefits will be huge. A well-planned approach is important, and many will need to have training to learn some of the team-building skills necessary to make this a success. You realize that for some, this may be uncomfortable, which is why the managers must be the first team to practice and demonstrate the traits of a high-performing team.
Discuss ways to implement this new system. Be sure to give specific examples.
You have just attended a managerâ€™s meeting about establishing self-directed, high-performing teams. The company is concerned because some of the managers are having success building self-directed, high-performing teams while others are not. A discussion occurred that identified the characteristics of the successful team building elements and compared them to those managers that have not been successful. This is a situation where those who are struggling need to learn from those who are doing well. The discussions included identifying what could be going wrong and what steps might be taken for success.
You have been asked to write a research report that summarizes the meeting and offers some recommendations that might be helpful to those managers who are struggling. Specifically, your report must include:
- Identification of the difficulties the managers may be having in establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Identification of the successful characteristic of establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Recommendations for success
- A designed plan that might help guide the struggling managers and improve negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Use the Library and Internet to research this topic.
Present your findings as a 3-4 pages Word document formatted in APA style.