According to the Congressional Budget Office, Civilian agencies obligated over $435 billion in fiscal year 2012 for services–80 percent of total civilian spending on contracts. Service acquisitions have suffered from termination of contracts. Imagine that you are a contracts officer for the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), and that your supervisor has tasked you with the procurement of a new software system for processing tax returns.
Review â€œContracting Officerâ€™s Decisionâ€ in Chapter 22 of the textbook and the information from the following Websites:
- Federal Acquisition Review (FAR) â€œ49.402-1 The Governmentâ€™s Rightâ€ to â€œ49.402-3 Procedure for Defaultâ€
- Federal Acquisition Review (FAR) â€œ52.233-1 Disputes”
- Federal Acquisition Review (FAR) â€œ52.249-2 Termination for Convenience of the Government (Fixed-Price)â€
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Examine the manner in which termination for default can be categorized as both a cost savings measure and a creator of additional cost. Provide one (1) example to support your response.
- Conclude the manner in which the termination for default clause impacts contracts when it is also both a cost savings method and a creator of cost mechanism. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Provide your opinion as to whether or not the Contract Disputes Act overlaps the FARâ€™s Standard Disputes clause. Justify your position. Suggest language that would merge the two (2) acts, thus streamlining the dispute process and making it timelier.
- Predict two (2) ramifications of a failure to terminate the entire contract and opting to engage in a partial termination. Compare and contrast the major differences between a partial termination and a deductive change. Provide two (2) examples that depict the necessity of each of these types of termination clauses.
- Debate whether or not the contracting officer holds too much power where the awarding of government contracts is concerned. Propose a checks-and-balances system that provides two (2) standards for ensuring that the contracting officer: a) does not have the sole choice in vendor selection; and b) is not in a position to be enticed to award a contract that would invite impropriety. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.