Assignment 1: Research Topics with Explanation
Read through the list of research topics on which to write a research paper. Select three (3) topics that interest you most and identify two (2) credible sources for each topic.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1) Should Transportation Security (TSA) regulations be changed?
2) Should funding for the U.S. space program be changed?
3) Should taxes on alcohol and tobacco be increased to help pay for rising medical costs?
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
1. Explain the reason for selecting topic one (1), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
2. Explain the reason for selecting topic two (2), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
3. Explain the reason for selecting topic three (3), identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
4. Identify and document six (6) credible sources (two (2) for each topic) that you would expect to use. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize correct APA documentation and reasons to document and avoid plagiarism.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.