THE HOME WORK IS “Your topic and the sources you have chosen to use for your Library Research Project are due this week. For each source you must include a brief statement as to why you chose each source and what content you will use from it to support your topic.”
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
THIS ARE THE TOPIC SELECTION ONE NEEDS TO BE CHOSEN:
Select a federal or state legislation related to fair employment practices from the following topic selections:
- Social Security Act, 1935.
- The Social Security Act was signed into law by President Roosevelt on August 14, 1935. In addition to several provisions for general welfare, the new Act created a social insurance program designed to pay retired workers age 65 or older a continuing income after retirement.
- Fair Labor Standards Act, FSLA, 1938.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes certain minimum requirements for wages, hours of work, premium overtime, and payroll records. The FLSA identifies two types of employees: non-exempt employees and exempt employees.
- Civil Rights Act, 1964. Title VII.
- Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin.
- The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is the Federal Law that makes it illegal for employers to discriminate on the basis of a disability. It makes it illegal for an employer to discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability in job application procedures; the hiring, advancement, or discharge of employees; employee compensation; job training; or other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, because of the individual disability.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act, 1967.
- Employers are prohibited by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act from discriminating against workers who are 40 years of age or older. The ADEA’s purpose is “to promote the employment of older persons based on their ability rather than age; prohibit arbitrary age discrimination in employment; to help employers and workers find ways of meeting problems arising from the impact of age on employment.”
- Family Medical Leave Act, FMLA, 1993.
- This law, passed by Congress in 1993, requires certain employers to give their workers up to 12 weeks off per year to care for a seriously ill family members, recuperate from their own serious illness or take care of a newborn or newly adopted child. When they return from leave, these workers have the right to be reinstated to their old position
THEN SOURCES NEED TO BE CHOSEN AND THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO KEEP IN MIND (NOT ANSWER THEM) WHEN CHOOSING THE SOURCES:
Use library resources to research the following:
- What is the Act you have chosen and when was it enacted?
- What is required by employers to be in compliance with the Act? What are the employee rights under the Act?
- What was the purpose and/or intent of the Act established by the state or federal government? Identify social/economic benefits.
- Who benefits by the Act?
- Note any changes to the Act that you have discovered in your research since the enactment date. What, why, and when were the changes made?
- Give observations and opinions about the Act. Do you believe it fulfills its original purpose?
- Include examples of persons you know who have benefited by the Act, if appropriate.