- Assignment 3: Probation and Punishment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Due Week 10 and worth 160 points
In preparation for this assignment, please complete all required readings and activities in Weeks 8 through 10 in Unit 3: Corrections.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Outline the historical development of prisons in the United States. Identify each of the stages in prison development and include the various philosophies and punishments used during each stage of development.
- Outline the major issues and problems that prisons face today. Predict two (2) issues that American prisons may face in the future. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA 6th Edition writing styleã€€
- Review the Basics of APA Style Tutorial
- Consult your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include the following in your paper:
- APA Title Page: Includes the title of the paper, student name, instructor name, course number and name, university name, and date of submission. The Title and Reference pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The following video shows how to write an APA Title Page. ã€€
- Introduction and Thesis Statement: Grab the attention of the audience of readers. It should define the topics of discussion and articulate the problem that will be discussed in the thesis statement. The thesis statement should be the last sentence of the introductory paragraph. The thesis statement formula is as follows: the topic + your opinions / arguments = thesis statement. The following video shows how to write an introduction and thesis statement.ã€€
- Hint: Write the body of the paper first, an introduction next, and then a thesis statement.ã€€
- Body of the Paper: Respond to the assignment criteria above.
- Hint: Create a thesis statement and headings (review the Basics of APA Style Tutorial) for each assignment question.
- The following video will show you how to write the body of the paper.
- Block Quote: Forty (40) quoted words or more require a block quote (APA Rule): The following video will show you how to create an APA block quote. However, students should use block quotes sparingly in a paper, and any quote or paraphrase (in-text citation) should equate to one (1) sentence that supports opinions or arguments within the paper only. ã€€ ã€€ã€€
- Conclusion: Restates the thesis statement in slightly different wording as the first sentence. Summarize what you learned from the questions within the assignment so the audience of readers are reminded and understand what the research has revealed. The following video will show you how to write a conclusion. ã€€
- APA Reference Page: References in APA 6th Edition formatting should be written in Times New Roman 12 point, in alphabetical order, double-spaced, subsequent lines indented, title / journals italicized appropriately, etc. The following video will show you how to write an APA Reference Page.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline the major characteristics and purposes of prisons, including prisonersâ€™ rights and prison society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.