Assignment 2: Role of the Family
The importance of families cannot be overstated in dealing with children with exceptionalities. Despite the high incidence of exceptionalities such as learning disabilities and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, families often feel isolated and experience significant stress.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the roles of families and the positive and negative impact children with disabilities can have on the family.
Be sure to review the following article from the readings for this module:
- Dyson, L. (2010). Unanticipated effects of children with learning disabilities on their families. Learning Disability Quarterly, 33, 43â€“55. (EBSCO AN: 48842496) http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/233085314
Based on your research, address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of the main points of the article.
- Describe at least two things you learned from the article.
- Describe the potential challenges and benefits for families who have one or more children with exceptionalities.
- Evaluate the influence of the cultural background of children with high-incidence exceptionalities (such as learning disabilities) on how they are approached by the following:
- Their families
- Their schools
- Their communities
- Describe the ecocultural perspective. Based on your readings, describe supports or interventions you would recommend from this perspective. Be sure to address families, schools, and communities.
Write a 3â€“5-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include separate title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, May 17, 2017, deliver your assignment to the M2: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Provided a brief overview of the main points of the module reading and described two things learned from the article.||
|Described potential challenges and benefits for families who have one or more children with exceptionalities.||
|Evaluated the influence of cultural backgrounds on how families, their schools, and their communities approach children with high-incidence exceptionalities such as learning disabilities.||
|Explained the ecocultural perspective and recommended supports or interventions, addressing families, schools, and communities.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||